More Than Words

Friday, December 22, 2006

VRP Christmas Dinner

We went to 'The Line' @ Shangri-La for our Christmas dinner on 21 Dec. The place was bustling with people when we reached around 650pm. When GC & Bambi reached around 7plus, the place was packed to the brim.

Food choices was aplenty; Ah Ga dashed off to her tandoori chicken, naan & prata section while Bambi, Karen, Jo & I went to the seafood section. Snow crabs, giant prawns, scallops, huge osyters, crayfish greeted our eyes. So many choices..... I went for the sashimi 1st. Chef recommended me to try the 'fresh juicy scallops' & promised that i will not regret it. So i tried lor....took the scallops & my all-time fav swordfish. The sashimi was sooooo fresh! & the chef was right; scallops tasted really good.


For my 2nd course, I tried the snow crab but skipped the osyters & prawns. It was steamed without condiments, & the flesh is succulent & sweet. Next, I went for the roast chicken, turkey ham & parma ham. Nothing to rave about though....they taste the same to me anywhere...tried a bit of Bambi's tandoori chicken & had 3 sticks of satay. Not bad, quite tasty.

The dessert selection is quite good, though i would prefer more variety. I tried the tiramisu, blackberry souffle, a tiny but very sweet cup of choco with expresso, a stick of fondue(d) strawberry, a piece of handmade choco with hazelnut praline, & mango sorbet.

When I was at the ice cream counter, i remembered Kiesan. He knew that I loved ice cream & desserts, so he brought me a treat at Cold Stone ice cream while we were in US last year. The year before, he brought Mich, WM & me to a Cold Stone joint & that's where I got hooked on it. At 'The Line', they also gave their ice-cream the "Cold Stone" treatment. It's like teppanyaki style for the ice-cream, & they'll add in extra stuff like nuts, m&m's, brownie bits etc.

We also celebrated Bambi's birthday there. The staff was overall helpful, though service was kind of slow; GC ordered orange juice & it didnt turn up until like 30 minutes later. We all suspected the waiter was 'eyeing' our Ah Ga, that's why he kept hovering at our table ha ha

Overall, I think the evening was fun & almost everybody was stuff till the face was blue. Only 3 modest people didn't really eat at all. The rest of us bitched & gripped about it so much, we decided that next yr's dinner cannot be buffet style anymore. Very 'bo hua'!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home