More Than Words

Monday, September 25, 2006

24 Sept 2006 - Sunday

Woke up at 5am for a 12k run at 7am with Molly, Chris & Bambi. I was complaining that I always suffer from bodyaches after running the next day, & Tekko showed me a new pose of stretching. I almost fainted when the "bai kar" started twisting & turning his body with a lamp post!
Within the 1st 2k, i needed to go to the toilet....Bambi was running really leisurely (aka slowly) while waiting for me; Molly & Chris sped on. Saw some SG people on our way back....Dream thought we were doing ninja training. Actually that's not far from the truth. I heartily regretted signing up for the year end 21k. Better start bucking up now...completed my 1st 12k run in 1hr 34mins? I think that's the timing Tekko mentioned....The 1st 5k was really tough. I kept thinking that I'm hungry, I wanna go toilet, I wanna sleep etc. After I slogged through the 1st 5k, it was kind of "cruising along"...until we did the return run for the last 3k. I started feeling a constant pull at my ankles, was very thirsty & the worst thing was that I smelt people bbq-ing early in the morning.
Took a quick rinse, & went for Kiesan's memorial service @ St Ignitius Church. Went to a peranakan place for makan with GC & wife & Kiesan's wife E. Went back to E's place for coffee and more makan. I didn't stop eating from 11am to 6pm, & I met my dad for dinner @7.
I think I will go for the dance class with Chris & Bambi this Fri to burn all the extra calories....I hope I don't traumatise anyone with my dancing....

1 Comments:

Blogger Tekko said...

You doing okay. You did it in 1 hour 25 mins (5 mins better than the target I set you) and this including toilet break and without walking. Very good effort for 1st timer doing 12km.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home