More Than Words

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I started running the beginning of this year. From what I remembered, it was a scary experience. My 1st time & it was a 8km run! Tekko ran/walked with me all way. I was really grateful for his words of encouragement, although I must admit that he tend to nag. I complained at one point (actually it was many many points) that my legs felt like they were falling apart. & this is what he told me; "if you don't do recovery properly hah, your leg will break hor". Now that I think about it, he sounded like my mother. When I was younger, my mom'll say this to me everytime I didn't finish my meal; "you better finish your food hah, children in Africa got no food to eat hor".....
Anyways, Tekko, I wanna tell you that you are really great with newcomers. See? I didn't freak out that badly even though my 1st experience running was overwhelming! Thank you!
Shape Women's Run was my 1st "competitive run", & I think I did better than usual (so pai say! I only took part in the 5km run!) Never mind la. I'll endeavor to go for 10km the next run. It was a great run with great turnouts. Thanks to those who came to show face & support! A special thank you to Aram who took all the wonderful photos; we love the pics!


Say cheese! Bambi & I waving to the camera

I finished in 34 minutes

Group photo before the run (fresh & relaxed)

Group photo after the run (sweaty & chuan!)

From left: Makan time with Karen, Molly (Tekko's wife), Mich, Tekko...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tekko said...

You know something?

I going to continue and nag until you sign up for the half marathon at this year Standard Marathon

Now you regret started running or not?

Ha ha ha

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

don't like that leh, must give me more time!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home