More Than Words

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hero Story...

My wisdom tooth was giving me problem for quite a while, & i finally went to remove it. Not 1, but 2! I am acutally quite chicken. Just looking at needles can make me turn jelly, so you can imagine what injections can do to me!

Didnt sleep very well before the op, & couldn't eat well after the op. Sigh.....such is life's lot....

During the op...
Doc told me the surgery will take an hour to 90 minutes. I almost fainted. Why does he need so long?! It's not as if I'm removing ALL of my teeth! Freaking out big time. After injecting me (LA) 4 times (I cried), he made me signed some forms. My hand was trembling so badly that it looked like a preschooler scribling.

After 15 minutes when he was certain that part of my mouth was paralysed, he distracted me with some mumblings & my top wisdom tooth was removed. Well, not so bad after all....

Yeah right. The horror begins....doc continued his mumblings & out came a saw from nowhere. He started construction work in my mouth. The sound is more scary than anything, & then he told me he's removing my gums...*double faint* another saw came along & this time he said he's sawing my tooth. I wish he'll stop telling me what he's doing! Anyway, to cut the whole procedure short, I got 2 stitches in my lower gum, & I can actually feel him trying to sew up the wound!

To say that I'm feeling ok now is just me trying to be garang. I can only pray that I will not need to endure this kind of torment anymore....sob....

Oh, Germany is playing against Argentina! I'm so excited! 2 of my favourite teams! too bad I can't munch on peanuts while screaming away...not only that, I'll miss running for a couple of weeks plus the Milk Run on this Sunday! & I was looking so forward with running together with the kids :(





3 Comments:

Blogger Tekko said...

bravo at least you got the courage to step into a dentist. I haven't been to a dentist since seconday school. I go near 1 my leg will quiver! Now you know why I never get my chipped tooth fixed.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

faint....you need to check your teeth every year! BTW, i can start running this week!

3:11 PM  
Blogger TWK said...

yah....tekko must go if not no more teeth liao

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home