More Than Words

Monday, May 22, 2006

2 WEDDINGS and A VERY STUFFED BELLY...

2 colleagues decided to get married on the same weekend. Towards the end of Sunday night, I was so stuffed with food (literally) that I think I should just survive on h2o the next few days. Sigh....a typical case of "spirit is willing but the flesh is weak".....
Joanne's Wedding was held at Furama Riverfront Hotel. It was an uncomplicated affair, with her solomnisation just before dinner. She opted for a casual buffet style, & the event ended by 9PM. Hassle-free & light-hearted; I like the "lao niang" style!
20 May 2006

An evening of makan, chats, & then makan somemore....(Gwan Choon & I attacked the desserts 1st. Check out Bambi's plate...)

Ivy's Big Day was held at Singapore Expo.....I wanna cry.....Met Bambi halfway at the VRP retail centre & we both hopped on the train to Singapore Expo. Michelle, Bambi & I were seated by about 745 pm. 3 rounds of peanuts, red wine, tea, orange juice & what nots later, Bambi suddenly announced that dinner was about to commence (she saw the groom standing near the entrance hallway).

Guess what?The "groom" turned up to be Finian. Bambi mistaken him for the groom because of his suit! Sigh.... At least Michelle & I have something to laugh at while munching the peanuts ... Dinner started around 845 pm. Food was nice; dessert was good (yam with gingko & coconut milk). Too bad my dessert partner Gwan Choon wasn't there; I think we can finish the whole bowl (for 10) between us. yum....
21 May 2006
Ivy's wine pouring ceremony... check out the colour changing background!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home